Tuesday 28 September 2010

Nothing Hill

I am not sure which is my favourite movie, but It is the movie that I have watched the most. It is called "Nothing Hill" or "A place called Nothing Hill", directed by Roger Michell, realeased in 1999 in U.S.A . The main actors are Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. It is a love story that happens in London, England. He (William) falls in love with a famous actress (Anna Scott), almost unreachable for him. He is a normal man who works in a travel bookstore in the traditional neighborhood of Nothing Hill and one day this famous actress comes to his bookstore to buy a book. They started knowing each other because of life circunstances. She, with the showbiz behind her, and he with his simple life, with a complicated roommate. I like the part when William told their friends and family when she asked him, sincerely , to love her, instead of all the things that have happened, and then he told her he didn't want to, because it was a strange thing to be with her. So, all his friends and family starred at him like "Oh man, you are a complete idiot" Because she was a beautiful and good woman, who wanted to date him and love him. Well, I said It was't my favourite movie, but I realize that I have watched it a lot of times, and when it is on TV I watch it again, and I am not the only one, because I watched it with my dad, who likes it too.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very good movie for an afternoon in sunday. I love Julia Roberts always! Even in bad moves.
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maite . I would like to see the complet movie becaus always I only see parts. Bye
    pdt: I hate JUlia roberts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had start watching this movie a lot of times, but for different reasons I still can't see the end!! maybe the weekend I will try again...
    I love you fjwkkjt!!

    ReplyDelete