Tuesday 16 November 2010

My experience learning english at University

I started my English course this year at University. This English classes are separated in two parts, the oral one and the writing one. I think this is very useful for someone like me, I mean, a simple student, because you can develop in two important areas. This course has been very significant for me and I think that’s why it is compulsory: one of the requirements for living and working in this modern world is that you have to understand, speak and write English.

This year began later because of the earthquake, so English III course were shorter than this one (IV). We were like 20 students in it, but along the weeks we were only 10. That semester I enjoyed it more than this one, because I had better and interesting signatures and I had good times with my friends attended to classes. Despite of I was only with Trini in English III, I think we had fun and we got bored too, but the main thing is we learnt a lot, specially in the oral part, because we could develop a long conversation in English and we could talk about what we wanted because not everyone understood what we were talking about.
Afterwards, I have taking English IV because I want to finish this class and have certified that I can speak and write English in my studies area and in every way it is possible. This semester I learnt very much, but this time at the writing area. Teacher corrected me many times so I have understood the structure of English in its grammar. This time I attend with a lot of my friends to the course, so I have a good time this semester too. However my other classes have been a little bit boring, so I think I’m not in the mood for participating very much. Instead of it, I appreciate the value of the course and I will make an effort to finish it with good marks.

Finally, I have to say that English classes at University have been a good experience in different ways, specially in increasing my knowledge about this language. I appreciate new ideas like writing in a blog, I think it is a modern and funny way for learning English because you can interact with your friends commenting their blogs. Furthermore, I think my final English level will be appropriate for future, because I want to travel abroad and continue my studies in a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment