Tuesday 15 June 2010

THE WORLD CUP!

These days are very exciting because it is taking place The FIFA World Cup. I like football soccer and I'm going to watch it in my home, I think with my boyfriend and maybe with some friends, too. I'm very happy about this event, because I think people all over the world are feeling motivated for something that is a passion for them, that can distracted them from the routine.
Chile's participation is very important and makes me feel proud about our soccer team and its coach. They are going to World Cup with good and young soccer players that deserve and opportunity to experience a challenge with this features, with the objective of acquiring experience and learning qualities. It is our first participation since 1962, how you can see, it is a very long time that chilean people were waiting to enjoy a world cup match. So, of what I've heard, I can say that our country is very ansious and excited (of course, there are many exceptions). Also, like I said, this ocassion let people feel effervescent and passionate, and that is a thing that is very strange in Chile. People use to be daily more seriously and formal, away from recurring celebrations. Besides, the quality of this matches makes me feel entertained. It is a luxury because (being sincere) in Chile we have not the same level or quality at all.

I hope Chile will get good results to the enjoyment of fans and the rest of the world. I hope teachers like football too and let us miss class for watching the chilean matches, like in other universities that also have modern TVs for it (I know that's not possible).

2 comments: