Tuesday 12 October 2010

High school and Education

Hello everybody, today I'm going to talk about my experience in high school. I can say that my subjects were like in any other school, I had basic subjects, and then I chose the elective subjects, that were Biology, Chemestry and algebra and functions. I think the education in my high school wasn't bad, but since it changed teachers, the education level went down. I had nice teachers, older and younger ones. I studied in a private school, so I did have acces to technology, like computers and internet. I think the education level I had was mean and a little bit dispersed, because of this teacher change. The elective subjects wans't really well distributed, for example, I was in the biologist course and I had a subject with mathematicians, because the school had not more subjects or teachers to fill our curriculum. That's why I considerate that the education that my school provided me wasn't important to take future desitions, i think it was more meaningful the values and the service spirit they gave me, because it was a catholic school. I would recommend to the authorities to improve the subjects curriculum, because you are learning some useless things, and there are others missing. Besides, the education levels comparing public and private schools are very different and poor people studies in publics school that are often very bad, so, at last, you can't move up in the social scale.

Well, I think individuals are important till the point they use what they have, to be responsible of your marks or things like that, but I still thinking about how difficult is to move up today and achieve a better life or education. Today, the responsability is focused in the ability of the person to take advantage and doing something to survive and improve its own life. But I think this "encouraging" point of view is just realising an entire state, goberment and public policy from true social problems of the neoliberal system

No comments:

Post a Comment