Tuesday 19 October 2010

How Green I am

Today I'm going to talk about environmentally friendly practices. I think people can learn about these practices in some institutions that promote the environmental care in all its ways. I haven't really incorporated these recycling habits, but in my apartment, people can sort cardboard, plastic and glass things out from garbage and cleaning people give it to people who collect it or send it to recycling sites. Besides I don't throw away white paper because I sell it. About my transportation, I almost always walk, because I live near the University, so I have the privilege of being close from where I study. But, as I don't have anything else than my legs, I use bus or subway when I have to go far away.
I haven't supported or joined any eco-organisation, I think that maybe I don't have the enough consciousness yet to do that, instead, I do try to reduce my carbon footprint using an electric calefactor in winter. Besides I always try to reduce my water consume, making my showers shorter, disconnecting all electric appliances, recycling paper, walking in the way is posible, etc. Also I would like to recycle all my trash and I would like to have a bycicle, because it is good for envirnment and for my body and health too. I think all people should do this kind of things in the way they can, because we all know the resources are becoming scarce and the Earth is getting smaller for humanity.
In this city I think people could be more environmentally friendly, and institutions could make more public this kind of practices. I recently heard about these "green buildings" that architects and construction companies are constructing. I think this is a very good idea to start environmentally friendly practices from each home, so as people can make future generations's lives healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment